
I am a part of a social networking website. It allows me to communicate
with my friends and family that I do not see too often. An example would be if I
wanted to wish my cousin happy birthday, I wouldn’t have to pick up the phone, I
could just send them a quick message on Facebook.
When I first made my twitter account for example, I made sure that not
just anyone could see what I was saying. Right now, my twitter account is still
private so that only people that I allow to follow me can see what I tweet.
Things such as your first name, hobbies, and your age are examples of
information that are quite safe to post. Things that aren’t safe to post are
information such as your last name, your date of birth, any credit card
information, your school etc. It is important not to post these types of
information online. Allowing others to see this can harm you in many ways.
To become more responsible users of social networking websites, we must
remember that the words and images that we post on the internet can be
available for many years. Your future employers, school admission officials,
identity thieves, spammers and stalkers could also see this information. It is
important to watch what we post online because it could possible affect our
futures tremendously.
No comments:
Post a Comment